In this blog post I will talk about the mise-en-scene elements that will be used in my project.
For Taylor, I thought about using very different styles to represent how she changed after her sister’s death. For the flashbacks, she will be wearing very bright color clothes, with a pretty hairstyle, and light makeup. I want her to cause the impression of a a happy girl, who is expressing herself through her clothes. After Elain’s death, she will be using dark and baggy clothes. I want her to look very tired, like she has not been sleeping or eating well. I want to make her hair look more messy, and not put any makeup on her.
For Elain, she will be using clothes very similar to Taylor, I want her with bright colors, a pretty hair, and a light makeup. She is also supposed to look happy, like she is representing Taylor’s happiness.
I want to use Taylor’s room as a mirror for what she is feeling. It is going to be very messy, her bed undone, her clothes thrown at the floor, some chips on the floor too, and everything looking very chaotic.
The only place that looks slightly organized, is her wall, where she put all of the pictures of Elain’s death. This is supposed to simbolize that even after her sister died, she is the only thing keeping Taylor alive. The thought about revenge makes Taylor strong, and I want to show that with her room.




No comments:
Post a Comment