Monday, February 23, 2026

Group meeting #2

Hii Cambridge! Today we did a second group meeting during class to help our classmates with their project. In the first group meeting, me and my classmates were still deciding what they were going to do for their opening, and we were able to exchange ideas and help each other with the script. For this second group meeting, we all knew exactly what we were doing, and most of us already started to film. Still, it is always helpful to listen to other's opinions and see what they think would be good for my project. In this blog I am going to share some of the information I got during the meeting. 

I was the first one to share my project, and I told them what I was struggling with. They were all very nice and said they really liked my idea. I said that what I am struggling with the most right now is with the CCR. I still do not have an idea for it, but I know I want to do something very engaging. Emanuel shared a very cool idea that I am definitely considering. He said that it would be very cool to do the CCR like the "Hot Ones"  interview. I loved hearing their ideas and to see what they were planning to do. 

 After me, Meliyah shared her idea. Her story is about a girl who lost her sister and is hallucinating her still alive. Meliyah and her partner already started to film, they are doing their opening at the beach and I think her project is turning out really cool. She said the only issue they were having is with the sound because the beach had a lot of noises that might sound bad during the opening. Me and my group said that she should try to film it during the week after school instead of during the weekend.

Caesar's idea is a thriller. The opening will start with a POV shot of an unknown person walking towards a house. Then, it will cut to two boys relaxing on the couch when the TV suddenly stops working. They turn it on again and there is an announcement about an unknown intruder. I really like his idea and I am sure his project will turn out great!

Taryn shared her idea and I think that it might be my favorite. She is doing a Sci-fi opening about a girl living alone at a tent and surviving after an apocalypse. She said that one issue she had is that one of the actors could not participate anymore, so she had to change her plans. Taryn already started to film, and I am very excited to see how her project will turn out.  

Ella is doing a Teen Drama about a teenage girl being neglected by her parents. Her father is not around and her mother does not care enough about her.  Her character will be planning her own birthday party alone, showing that she is always by herself. Ella already started filming and said that her main obstacle was filming by herself. She said that she will be asking someone to help her film for the next scenes. 

Andres is doing a mystery / adventure about a thief that steals objects for no reason and is well known. The protagonists are two detectives who are obsessed with finding him. The opening start with the thief walking into a house really dark and grabbing a single necklace, he also leaves a card with a symbol on it. The next scene cuts to the protagonists showing that they are really obsessed with the thief. Andres was having some issues with the lighting, his shots were not looking very good because they were very dark. Me and my group told him he could easily edit the lighting on his phone.

Emanuel is doing a kid being rejected by his parents. He will be playing the main character and the scene starts with him sneaking out of his house. This scene is supposed to symbolize the first step of leaving his family. His "friends" are going to invite him to go out and show that they really do not care about his well being. 

Overall, my group members still do not know what they are doing for the CCR. Most of us are doing interviews or podcasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to CCR’s and film opening

 Hi Cambridge! This is the last post I will be making about this portfolio project. Here I will just share the links to everything.  Film op...