Hii Cambridge! In this blog post I will be sharing my researches to answer the first question of my CCR. During class, my teacher gave us many tips on how to answer these questions correctly. Here is what I have written down and will be using as a guide for the first question.
1- How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
1. Start by discussing genre and cite where you found this information.
Dramas usually follow characters the audience would see as friends, neighbors, and family dealing with the struggles of everyday life. A dramatic film shows humans at their best and their worst. They usually include a strong moral view of the world around them and the characters in these films are always dealing with what life has to offer. Suspense movies are the ones that keep you wondering what will happen next. They give viewers feelings of excitement, surprise, anticipation, and anxiety. Some of the common themes of thrillers are crimes like ransoms, captivities, heists, revenge, kidnappings, and investigators. When mixing both genres you are able to make a project where the audience feels nervous and anxious, and also attached to the characters.
2. Which genre conventions you chose to challenge or not, and why?
I chose not to challenge the genre conventions because I thought my film opening would look better if I followed them. My main character, Taylor, is dealing with grief, which perfectly fits into the drama genre. This is something most people can relate to, and that makes them understand the character better. On the other hand, Taylor is not dealing with grief in a "normal" way, she is trying to get revenge. My opening shows that Taylor is angry and wants to kill her sister's murderer, this is perfect for the suspense because it makes the audience wonder what will happen next.
3. End with a discussion of representation.
In my film opening, I used representation to show grief, sisterhood, and how trauma can change a person. I did not want to represent the main character as just a typical “revenge” character. Instead, I first showed her as a loving older sister through flashbacks. This helps the audience see her as kind and human before seeing her darker side.
In terms of gender representation, my main character is not sexualized or shown as weak. Instead, she is shown as a complex person with deep emotions. Her desire for revenge comes from trauma and pain, not just anger. This makes her feel more realistic and human. Overall, representation in my project shows how love and loss can transform someone, and it makes the audience question whether she is just a victim of trauma or someone becoming dangerous.
No comments:
Post a Comment