Friday, March 6, 2026

CCR #3

 In this blog post I will be sharing my answers for question #3 of my CCR. My script will be on the next blog, with the question #4, because I will answer both together.

How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

1- Reflect how process evolved throughout the production.

My process evolved throughout the production because my first ideas were much simpler than the final result. In the beginning, I focused on recording the main scenes and telling the story clearly. However, I realized that I needed stronger visual details and better pacing. I added more close-up shots, black screen pauses, and the scene of the dead sister’s hand with blood to make the opening more dramatic and suspenseful. This showed me that production is not just about filming what you planned first, but also improving your work as new ideas develop.


2- Discuss how you did the research.

For research, I looked at real film openings, especially from drama and suspense genres, to understand how they use camera shots, sound, pacing, and editing to create emotion. I paid attention to how flashbacks are used, how tension is built, and how music changes the audience’s reaction to a scene. I also researched sound and music styles that would fit my opening, because I wanted the transition from sadness to suspense to feel natural. This research helped me make better decisions.


3- Discuss your approach to production.

My approach to production also improved. At the beginning, I was focused on recording the scenes. Later, I started thinking more about lighting, camera angles, and what each shot would look better. For example, the photos represent memories, and the scene of the bloody hand suggests the crime without showing everything. I also had to solve some problems while filming, because I had to create some scenes at home and sometimes film by myself. This helped me become more creative and learn how to work with the resources I had.


4- End with a reflection on where you started and where you ended. What did I learn?

Looking back, I can see that my skills improved during this project. Even though I learned a lot about planning shots, filming, and editing, I have to be honest and say that I did not really enjoy the process. I did not enjoy writing the blogs, recording the scenes, or planning the project, and I realized that this type of work may not be something that is for me in the future. However, even though I did not enjoy it, I still developed important skills during the process. I became better at organizing my ideas and solving problems. So even if this project showed me that film production may not be the right path for me, it still helped me grow and learn new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to CCR’s and film opening

 Hi Cambridge! This is the last post I will be making about this portfolio project. Here I will just share the links to everything.  Film op...