While I am planing my portfolio project I have been thinking about the thriller genre as a possible option. Thriller films are made to keep the audience tense and curious, which makes them good for a short film opening. The idea of making the audience feel nervous from the start really interests me.
The thriller genre focuses on suspense, mystery, and danger. These films usually give the audience limited information, which makes them keep watching. This can be very powerful in a two-minute opening where grabbing attention is important.
Atmosphere is also very important in thrilers. Things like lighting, sound, and camera angles are very important in setting the mood. Dark lighting and quiet and sounds can be used to create tension. I am interested in trying these techniques.
The thriller genre sounds good to me because it would make me to think a lot about every shot, sound, and edit. I believe thriller could be a strong choice for creating an engaging film opening.
No comments:
Post a Comment