Wednesday, February 4, 2026

Group Meeting #1

This week my class did a group meeting so we could help each other with our projects. During this group meeting, me and my classmates exchanged ideas, and helped each other build our stories. It was very helpful to hear other opinions and see what they were planning to do. 

I have received many advices that really helped me build my story. I was planning on doing only drama, but my groupmates gave me ideas that made me think about doing a little bit of suspense. They helped me think about the editing, saying that I should do fast cuts and strong lights if I wanted to make an accident for example. 

Andres planned on doing it in a museum, but it would be really hard to film so we suggested to do it in a house. His genre will be mystery. He thought about doing like a treasure hunt, and all of the members in the group really liked his idea.  He thought about making someone stealing something in the beginning and then leaving a riddle for later. His idea was really good and he just needed some help with the setting. 

Juan is planning on doing the genre thriller/action. His main focus is to introduce the main character and show his personality. He said his project would have a serious tone. The story would be about a character that did something bad and has flashbacks during the opening.  We offered him a few ideas about what his character could have done. 

Taryn is thinking about doing Sci-fi. Her idea is to build a story about two sisters alone in a world post apocalypse. She still did not know the setting, so we suggested to film it in a forest. Me and my group also said that she could use some equipment to show that they are trying to survive alone. I really liked her idea and i think it will turn out really cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to CCR’s and film opening

 Hi Cambridge! This is the last post I will be making about this portfolio project. Here I will just share the links to everything.  Film op...